Monday 16 November 2015

MUA Skin Define Hydro Primer

Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had a great weekend, the weeks are just flying by! Today I'm back with a super affordable budget buy that will put a smile back on your face, especially in the run up to Christmas.
I was over to visit my brother a few week's ago in Liverpool, so as per usual when I visit the UK, I popped into Superdrug. Don't get me wrong, I love Boots, but I love Superdrug for the brand's that you can only order online here in Ireland, them mostly being MUA and Make Up Revolution. In the two stores I went to, both Make Up Revolution stands were crowded, so I stuck with good old MUA. I've tried a good few products from MUA, and for the most part I've been impressed, (until I picked up an under eye radiance concealer that's just made up of glitter, not a good look). So when I saw the new Skin Define Hydro range from the brand, I'd no bother in picking up a few bit's to try. I picked up the setting powder, which so far I've no complaint's about, but the thing that's really impressed me is the Hydro Primer. I've only been using it for a week so far, but let me tell you, it's love!






From the website and the packaging itself MUA say the primer is

A fresh and hydrating primer in a lightweight gel formula. The soothing aqua base leaves skin refreshed and smooth allowing for even makeup application. The hydro primer has a self-repairing system, designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and prime your face for a smooth complexion. 

So first off, the packaging. It comes in a neat plastic tub, which is fine. Packaging as I've said before isn't a huge issue for me as long as the product inside lives up to it's claims. So I'll just skip right ahead on to the product itself. 
It's the most unusual consistency that I've ever used in a primer. I'm mostly used to silicone based primers, and some that are cream but yet still feel like silicone, but this one is just like jelly. To be honest it remind me very much of an extremely high end primer that people raved about on the blogging scene a while back, but I never tried it so I can't compare the two. It's just such an unusual texture! Even when I put my finger in it makes a little dent in the product, but it's not too long before the primer smooths over again! 
When I apply it to my skin it has a very cooling hydrating effect. It dries in fairly quickly too, which is a big thumbs up for me, because I'm always rushing in the mornings! 
But, the big thing is, does it work? I think so.
It definitely does hydrate the skin, as for reducing the appearance of fine lines, I can't say as I thankfully don't have too many yet, but it definitely does a good job of priming the skin. And although it's not marketed as a primer that makes your base last longer, I find it does. My nose is  the first place that my make up disappears from, thanks to a combination of having a very shiney red nose, along with very very obvious pores. But this primer seems to hold it a bit longer than usual! 
Overall I'm very impressed with this primer. I've tried quite a few of them, and I do have a particular favourite from No 7, but it's just so expensive for the amount you get that I can't justify repurchasing it just yet. 
This one was just 5 pounds, I'm not sure what exactly that is in euro, but obviously it's no that expensive, and I only use a little at a time so I think it will last a fair while! :)

You can pick up MUA product's online HERE, or from Superdrug stores. 

Do any of you lovely ladies have any favourite primers?
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment