Thursday 7 April 2016

My Favourite Highlighters

Hi Beauties, hope you're all well!
On this dull and gloomy day I thought I'd do a post on my favourite highlighters. Contouring and Highlighting has become huge lately, especially in the last year or two. While contouring is something that I'm yet to come to terms with properly, I do love a nice bit of highlight!
So today I thought I'd come on and tell you about my absolute favourites! Some are palettes, some are singles, some are cream/liquid but either way they are all fab!







First up is the Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter.  It's a silver toned  liquid product  that serves more than one function. You can use it as a primer underneath your foundation to illuminate your skin and give a nice glow, you can use it on the tops of the cheekbones to to highlight, and as of yet I'm trying to figure out what the 3rd option to do with it is, but I'll figure it out! But anyway, my preferred method for using this is to apply a tiny bit to the tops of my cheekbones, and I'm good to go! It's not a highlighter I'd use on a daily basis because it is very shimmery and very obvious, but it's great for nights out. You need so little of it and the bottles so big it'll last for ages! It's a bargain too at only 8.50!






Next one that I absolutely LOVE is the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Pink Shimmer. This was under 5 euro and for the price it's well well worth it! It's so pigmented and lasts all day. It's a beautiful pink toned highlight with a silver almost blue toned shimmer. If you didn't see the packaging and the name on this, I think you'd genuinely be forgiven for thinking it's a high end highlighter! This one is definitely one that can be built up if you want a really heavily highlighted look, or one that  you can just tap your brush into gently for a more subtle effect.









 The Make Up Revolution Radiance Palette is up next, and it's one that has been getting a lot of love lately! And yes, they do look like a certain high end highlighter palette. ;) But I can't answer if they perform the same as I don't have both! But anyway! This palette is a lot more subtle than the other ones mentioned, so if you're someone who'd like a more natural glow then this one is for you. There's 3 different shades, and my personal two favourites are the first two, the middle one I especially like to use to set my under eye concealer as it brightens up the area without leaving it cakey or too glittery! I tend to use the 3rd shade more so when I've tan on. The powders are decently pigmented, and while I don't think they last all day, they last a reasonable amount of time on my skin, and costs around the 10 euro mark. You can also buy these individually so handy if you only want to try one particular shade!






Last, but nowhere near least is the Sleek Solstice Palette. This is the ultimate highlighting palette, it really is! It comes with 4 shades, 3 powders which are extremely soft and highly pigmented and last ALL day, and one cream highlight. I can't even begin to explain how much I love this. Everything about it is beautiful from the gold outer packaging to every single shade. I think the powders could probably double up as eye shadows if you're into something on your eyes that has a bit of dimension and not flat. The only bad thing I've to say and it's my own fault for being so clumsy is how easily breakable the powders are. I only had the palette a matter of hours and let it fall and one powder smashed to pieces. It's still useable, but a lot of the powder has gone into the cream shade so it's just messy. But I still love it regardless! Again this was fairly affordable and was only around 12 euro!









So ladies, these are my favourite highlighters. They're all fantastic and I'd recommend all of them to you really and truly!
Ps Sorry for some of the picture quality, taking good pictures is something I'm still trying to get better at, but I'm going to keep practising!
Have you tried any of these?
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment