Wednesday 2 April 2014

Soap And Glory Solar Powder Bronzer

You know you have a serious addiction to make up when you go through your stash and you find things that you didn't even know you owned. I'm seriously hoping that I'm not the only one that this happens to, on a more frequent basis than I would actually like to admit. Anyway, recently in a bid to save my euros I decided instead of raiding Boots in the 3 for 2 like plenty did, (if you're one of these people I'm very jealous and please tell me what you bought so I can live vicariously through you), I instead raided my own excessively large make up collection to see what I had that I could add in to my daily make up routine, and I found this. WHEN did I even buy it? I can't remember exactly, but I have a feeling it came as part of a set that I more than likely picked up in the post Christmas sales. I'm ashamed to admit it wasn't even swatched when I resurrected it, how bad is that!
I haven't used bronzer in my make up routine in years, partly because of bad memories from teenage disco's of Rimmels Sunshimmer Bronzer being used for absolutely everything. I remember even applying it to my elbows! Why I don't know... But since then I've given up the bronzer because I really believed nothing would work for me, instead I'd just look like I'd been Tango'd.


That was until I tried this! The product itself comes in typical Soap And Glory packaging, totally cute and girly. The bronzer is contained inside  a black cardboard case, but don't let that put you off, because it is seriously sturdy. Its made up of two different shades, a matte darker colour, and a more shimmery lighter shade, both of which are perfect for my pale Irish red haired complexion.There is a slight over spray on the embossed S&G in the product itself, but after one quick swipe its gone, so no need to worry about your face looking like a glitterball!
At first I wasn't too sure where exactly to apply bronzer, what with being a bronzer virgin, so I just went with what I've seen people do in video's on YouTube and applied it to the higher point of my cheekbones, my temples and the jawbone, and I was super impressed I didn't look like one of Willy Wonka's helpers! It just looked so natural, and it looked like I'd just come back from a weeks sun holiday... (I wish). Then I applied a little coral blush to the apples of my cheeks just to feel extra Summery!!
The only thing I haven't tried to do with it yet is the dreaded contouring, but I think that shall be left for a day until I don't have to go anywhere, and can stay on front of the mirror for the day to perfect my Kim Kardashian like features.... :D Oh I wish!!
Overall I have to say I'm very impressed with the Soap And Glory powder products that I've tried. I've also tried the 'Love at First Blush, which is gorgeous too, and I've heard rave reviews about their highlighter and finishing powder aswell. It retails at 14.00 euro, which isn't too bad. Its the more expensive side of the drug store, but still reasonable enough that you won't feel too guilty about sneaking it into your basket! ;)

Have you tried this or any of the other powders?
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment