Thursday 1 May 2014

Sharing the Love: Maybelline

Maybelline is a brand that I would never have really looked at in previous years. Not because I thought there was anything wrong with the brand, but I just tended to stick to Rimmel and Catrice products because they worked for me. Recently though I have absolutely been loving Maybelline as a brand, and a lot of my everyday make-up is from them. Cheap as chips products, great quality, what's not to love! So today I thought I'd share with you all my top picks from the brand, and who know's maybe you'll come across things you've never tried that you may want to give a go to! :)



Fit Me Foundation: This has been my go to foundation as of late. Its exactly the kind of coverage I like, light weight foundation but it is buildable. It just gives a nice healthy glow to the skin, which I love, as matte foundations just make my skin look too flat. The idea behind this foundation is its make up that fits you and your skin tone. The colours are divided into pink toned and yellow toned, making it easier for you to find your perfect match. The colour I was previously using, (120), was a tad too dark, so I just used it whenever I used fake tan. But I picked it up in 115, which is a much better match to my skin tone, so its getting lots of use! Its a brilliant price too at only 11.99!

Fit Me Concealer:  From the same family as the foundation, this concealer has been compared to the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, but as I don't have it I can't say 'yay or nay' to the comparison. However I can say I love this concealer. Its a light creamy concealer, which can be used under the eye to brighten up or used on blemishes as it has enough pigmentation. And it doesn't settle in to the nooks and crannies under my eyes woo! And its only 8.99! :)

24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow: Everyone knows the deal with these now so I don't have to go on and on about them again, but they are fantastic to use as bases for eyeshadows! I often use On And On Bronze on its own if I can't be bothered with heavy eyeshadow, but some of the others I find very patchy looking on their own, so I tend to reserve them solely as bases, but they do a fantastic job of keeping eyeshadow in place! My personal favourite shades are On And On Bronze and Pink Gold! These are only 10 euro each, and they do last for an eternity!

Colour Sensational Lipsticks: This was the first product that made me realise I needed more Maybelline in my life. Its been a while since I've used these so I really must give them more love over the summer! The colours I own are 'Hot Plum' and 'Shocking Coral' which as the names suggest are really bright in your face colours, perfect for the summer evenings! The pigmentation is great, and they don't dry out your lips, which is  great as its my pet peeve in lip products! Again these are only a tenner, so its a great way to try out bright lipsticks without spending a huge amount of money!

The Eraser Under Eye Concealer: Another concealer, but its love! This undereye concealer was a god send for me when I was suffering from really bad dark circles, nothing else I tried worked. Until I tried this and it instantly got rid of those blue/purple undertones from under my eyes and it made me look more awake and refreshed in seconds! Its 11.99 so again, not badly priced!

Maybelline Colour Elixirs: I had heard so much of these on Essie Buttons channel that I had to pick up a couple, and now I'm raging that I didn't pick up some more because these are one of the most comfortable lip products I've ever had. They are similar to a gloss, but they're so much more pigmented than a standard gloss, and they are so creamy! And even after the gloss has disappeared, there's a slight stain left on the lips! These weren't expensive, maybe around 7/8 dollars, but I'm really hoping they appear on Maybelline Stands here soon!

So that's it ladies... Not a lot here, but still, the few bits that are here are really great, or at least I think they are anyway!
What products are you loving lately?

Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment