Monday 19 May 2014

Recent Penney's Purchases

We all know the drill by now. You pop into Penney's for socks and come out after  having spent 80 euro in no time! It happens to us all, and my justification is that I don't shop anywhere else really, rarely go out, and don't smoke. There my reasons and I'm sticking to them like glue! :P
All that aside, I've been in and out of Penney's a fair few times over the last month or so, and have picked up a nice few bits. So all the pieces are fairly recent, so if you see something that catches your eye, chances are they still have it in stock!

I've had my beady eyes on this Hat for the longest time, and I eventually gave in and bought it. It only cost 5 euro, but I was wary of buying it as I'm not really a hat person. I do think it'll look so cool with a vest top and denim shorts for a festival kinda look, or else for lounging around in the sun on holidays!

This Striped Tshirt caught my eye and I knew instantly I had to have it. It came in two colours, the coral and white, or the navy and white, and I'm annoyed with myself now that I didn't buy the navy as well, as these will be so handy and they'll go with more or less anything!

It literally took me all night to remember the word Kimono. I know, how bad is that! Penney's had some fab kimono's in store, but I'm only a tiny 5'0, so they would have just swamped me and made me look even smaller. When I saw this cream lacy one I grabbed it as I knew the style would suit me a lot more, as its sleeveless and its not as busy as the other ones that were in store. If the weather would pick up again I just think this would be gorgeous over a tshirt and denim shorts, or teamed with a plain maxi dress, but its so versatile there are heaps of ways you could wear it I'm sure!

More recently I picked up this Aztec printed skirt for a night out, and I absolutely love it. There's so many colours in it that you can team it with anything, and I teamed it with this blue strappy top, and it was perfect.


I also grabbed a pair of nude heels that are so comfortable because they aren't too high, and I also bought these beautiful blue sandals to put with them when the Summer arrives!




Lately I've been obsessed with Penney's jewelry, and is it any wonder when they have pieces like this in store? The 3 toned knot style just won me over! 

I can't not visit the make up section when I go to Penney's, I'm obsessed. Lately I've been having problems with my skin, one week it can be dry and my make up will not budge off my face, but at the minute it seems to be fairly oily and within a couple of hours the shine on my nose and forehead is something ridiculous, so I picked up this Oil Control Primer from Essence,  and this mattifying powder from Catrice. So here's hoping!

So these are just a few bits that I've picked up in the last few weeks.
Have you picked up anything nice from Penney's lately?
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx











6 comments:

  1. I love that lace sleeveless Kimono! Perfect for the summer! Did they have it in black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Glowta isn't it fab! Not something i'd usually wear but it was too cute not to buy! They didn't have it in black in the Penneys where I live, but they may have it in some of the bigger ones in Dublin possibly? I'm in the west of Ireland so we dont' get a lot of things the bigger stores do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award

    http://sazzielou.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! :) Will get on to that asap...

      Delete
  4. That skirt is so fab!! It must be mine *sprints to nearest Penneys*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous Nora! You nearly wouldn't know its from Penneys! Its in black also!! ;)

      Delete