Friday 4 October 2013

Berry nice!

Every Autumn/Winter there is one trend that will never ever date.... Dark lips! I think there's a berry shade out there to suit everyone, no matter what the skin type or hair colour.  Its only recently I've become a bit more adventurous with my lip colour, so this season I'm going to try my best to stay away from nudes and relatively neutral colours.
In my lip collection, which seems to be growing quite rapidly, I found four different products which to me are perfect for the changing weather, and if your someone that's not fond of lipsticks, then the best bit is there's not a lipstick to be seen! So lets get cracking!


Oops, should have zoomed in a bit closer and got the lid and the light bulb out of the picture! Sorry folks! So from left to right we have: Maybelline 10 Hour Superstay Tint Gloss in Lasting Pink, MUA's Power Pout in Crazy In Love, NYC's Smooch Proof 16 Hour Lip Stain in Berry Long Time, and finally, the infamous Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie.

Maybelline 10 Hour Superstay Tint Gloss in Lasting Pink: I think this has to be my favourite product out of the 4 pictured. As the name says its a tint gloss, which means that on first application it has a glossy finish, but throughout the day, the gloss wears off, and leaves a stain. Its really easy to apply because of the doefoot applicator, and when it is applied to the lips its really cooling! The name is Lasting Pink, but its definitely not pink. Its not as dark as the other colours pictured here, so if your someone that wants to try a berry colour but don't want to try something too dark, this is the perfect place to start! Its available in Boots for 11.49, or on there online shop HERE.

MUA Power Pout in Crazy In Love: These came out earlier this year, and after hearing everybody and their mother raving about the Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stains, I decided to try these, considering they are only a fraction of the price at just 3 pounds! It says on the MUA website that this is a lip treatment, that 'relieves dry cracked lips and provides immediate moisturisation'. I don't think so! Don't get me wrong because I really really like these, but they do dry my lips out a lot when I wear them, so I don't think they do a lot to moisturise the lips! Other than that, the colour payoff from these is brilliant, and after the glossiness has worn off, there is still a slight stain of colour, there not the longest lasting, but for 3 pounds, I don't really mind having to reapply every few hours. You can pick these up in Superdrug for those of you that have access to one, or you can buy them online from MUA HERE

NYC Smooch Proof 16 Hour Lip Stain in Berry Long Time: If your like me and were unsure of the whole dark lips trend, then this is probably the most bargainous way to try it out! NYC are well known for being a brilliant budget beauty brand, who more often than not hit the nail on the head when it comes to trends, and are dirt cheap without compromising on quality. This lip stain in Berry Long Time, is one of the darker berry shades, and as its a stain its more matte rather than glossy. However, the staying power is amazing, and I've worn it on nights out and its lasted throughout the night, even after a few drinks! The price was in around the 2 euro mark aswell, so for that you can't really go wrong!

Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie: These lip products are some of the most raved about products on blogs and on YouTube. The hype surrounding them after they were released in America was unreal, and eventually they made there way to Ireland and the UK! These do look like a lipstick, but as you can see by the name, they are actually a really really pigmented lip butter, which to me has similar effects to a balm, just with a really good colour pay off. I have 3 of these, and 2 of them are darker colours, and they seem to be more pigmented than the lighter colours. They are so soft and silky on the lips, and only for the colour, you wouldn't actually know that your wearing anything on your lips! They come in an array of colours, but the price is the only thing that would put me off. There normally 11.20, but at the moment on the Boots Website they are currently on offer at 8.20 which is amazing! I'm assuming they will be this price in store aswell, and there's also a 3 for 2 on at the minute aswell, so even better for us beauty junkies!

 Swatches from left to right are: Maybelline Superstay Tint Gloss, MUA Power Pout, NYC Lipstain, and Revlon Lip Butter.

So what do you guys think? Is there any of these you'd like  to try yourselves or have you your own Berry shades that you love?

Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment