Sunday 6 October 2013

Saturday night sessions!

It may be a surprise to hear that for a 25 year old woman, I'm not overly pushed on going out on Saturday nights, especially considering my obsession with make up and beauty related products. Occasionally I do venture out, and I do spend great time and effort into how I look. But for the most part, Saturday night to me is the one night I can utterly relax, and so I look forward to coming home and putting my feet up watching the TV in my pyjamas. But not after a nice relaxing shower and a few pampering treats! Every girl loves to me pampered and feel good don't they? So today I thought I'd share with you all the products I'm using at the minute for my Saturday night 'spa sessions'. (For those of you wondering, I do wash more than once a week, but Saturday is just different).
So for those of you wondering, here are some of my current favourites:

So I think I should make a confession.... I may or may not be slightly obsessed with Soap And Glory. and why wouldn't I be, their products smell soooooo good! But that's another days work. :) I also have to say that a majority of the Soap And Glory that I do own I've gotten in Boots at Christmas time as their 'Star Gift'. If you don't know what that is, its when Boots pick a certain gift set and knock it down by at least half price! Soap And Glory is always the last one, and it always flies off the shelves, so I always make sure to stock up!
So in my current routine I'm using:
Pulp Friction Body Scrub: First of all I don't understand why it says its a 'foamy fruity scrub' because I don't find it foams, at all! But that doesn't mean its not a nice product because it really is. It contains lots of fresh invigorating ingredients like fig powder, peppermint oil, and then some that I've never heard of before like 'frozen yuzu' and 'jungle pomelo essence'. It smells really good and its different from the most commonly known Soap And Glory scent. Its a very rough scrub, so if your not into that and prefer a less abrasive exfoliator this won't be one for you. Its 11.25 in Boots or online HERE and is currently on 3 for 2 also!
Clean on Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel: This is my current go to shower gel,  and for some reason every time I use it it makes me feel really posh and makes me think I'm going out somewhere, when in reality I'm planking my ass on the couch watching god knows what! This is THE smell Soap And Glory are known for, and I don't think its possible not to like it! The shower gel itself is thick and luxurious and has a built in body lotion, so if your someone that's on the go or just too lazy to moisturise after a shower this is perfect because it saves you having to! Its priced at 7.65 for 500mls in Boots or online HERE.
Smoothie Star Body Milk: Is it really really wrong to want to eat your body lotion? Because that's what happens to me when I use this! With an ingredients list containing almonds, oats, honey and brown sugar its understandable! It killed me to put this away for the summer because to me its too heavy to use in the summer, but as soon as September came this bad boy was out straight away! Its a body milk, so its not too heavy on the skin, and it doesn't sink into the skin straight away which I kind of like because then the scent lingers on your pyjamas or clothes and I find it comforting in some sort of odd way! This is 14.00 for 500mls, again in Boots or on there online store HERE

I've really started to get into face masks at the moment, and so Saturday night is a night I really enjoy getting all my make up off and popping on a mask and letting it do its job. My current picks depending on how my skin is at that given time are:

Quick Fix Facials Mega Moisture Gel Mask: I tend to have dry skin, especially in the colder months, so I decided I'd try this moisture mask. There being raved about all over the Internet, but any that I've heard about have been crazy expensive, and these ones are only 5.75 in Boots! The gel formula is a new concept to me, as a lot of the masks I've used have always been clay or something similar, but this one is a thinner more runny consistency, and so it doesn't look  or feel as heavy on the skin. I'm loving the effect its having on my skin because my skin isn't as dry as it could be for this time of year, and it feels plump and hydrated! 
Quick Fix Facials Anti-Blemish Mud Mask:  I'm sure your wondering why I got this when I've just said I'm a dry skinned creature. Well like most ladies, I tend to get random breakouts, especially on my chin, and when one spot appears, another 2 or 3 also appear! So I bought this with the sole purpose of using it as a spot treatment. I use it the same as I use the moisture mask, but just restrict it to my chin whenever I'm suffering with those pesky breakouts! The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. It does its job great, but the smell is very antiseptic if that makes sense! 


This is one I've had for quite a while, and its one of the most expensive purchases I've ever made. Its a balm by a french skincare brand 'Decleor' and they are ridiculously expensive, which is why I don't use it every day! A lot of balms lately tend to be cleansing balms, but this particular one is for dry skin, so its used like a moisturiser. So on nights that I'm doing a mask I use this to give my skin a bit of extra moisture, and in the morning its nice and soft. It smells lovely because its 100 percent natural and is made up of angelica, chamomile and geranium. I've found it online at  QVC HERE but at 31.50 POUNDS which is about 37 EURO (before postage) for 15mls it is a bit on the expensive side.

So that's my pampering routine. Obviously everyone is different so what works for me may not work for someone else. But if we were all the same it would be kinda boring wouldn't it??

Thanks for reading guys, 
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment