Sunday 19 January 2014

L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Puryfying Micellar Solution V 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil

Micellar solutions seem to be the bee's knees and the cat's pyjamas in skincare these days thanks to the stir Bioderma has caused in the beauty world. I've never tried Bioderma so I can't say anything about that, but when I saw L'Oreal had brought out their own version, well it didn't take me too long to hot foot it to Boots to see what the fuss was about! In case you don't know what a Micellar solution is, its a solution which acts as a magnet to draw impurities and oils etc out of the face, instead of spreading them around the face which is what some face wipes can do. Of course when I went in there was a 3 for 2 on skincare so I ended up with 2 bottles of the Purifying Micellar Solution, and a bottle of the 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil.
 Neither of these are products that I would use on their own to cleanse my face, (unless its 3am and I may have had one or two cocktails,) but rather as an extra step in my skincare routine to make sure my make up has been removed altogether.
I have had a lot of compliments on my skin lately, and I myself have seen a noticeable difference. Its clearer, I'm getting a lot less blemishes, and it seems to be a lot brighter. I myself am putting it down to the double cleanse routine that I have really gotten into.
I figured it would be a good idea to do a post comparing the two of these, mainly because they are two different products, from the same company that claim to do the same job!


Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution: 
L'Oreal claim that this is a 'A high-performance hypo-allergenic cleanser for face eyes and lips, suitable for sensitive skin. Dissolves make-up, unclogs pores and removes impurities and tones and soothes the skin.' It is also said to be suitable for Sensitive Skin. I have skin which is more dry to combination so I can't really give any opinion on those claims. However I have found this a godsend in my skincare routine. I use it to take off the bulk of my make up, and the amount of stuff that comes off on my cotton pads is really and truly disgusting! (Sorry for the visual).So without a doubt it removes make up!  I then go in with whatever cleanser I'm using at that time (Its Lancome at the minute). It doesn't effect the eyes in the slightest bit so it does act as an eye make up remover at the same time. I've gone through two bottles of this altogether so far and it is just such a handy product, I often use it in the morning as a quick freshen up to wake myself up. The only small little complaint I can make about it though is that I did find it to dry my skin out a tiny little bit, so for this I wouldn't say it tones and soothes skin. I'm out of this for the moment but it is a product I would definitely repurchase. Its currently on offer for 4.46 in   
Boots, (6.00 normal price) so go quickly!!


Skin Perfection 15 Second Miracle Cleansing Oil:
Straight away this is different to the Micellar Solution for one obvious reason, this one is an oil rather than a water. It claims to 'instantly dissolve all traces of make up and impurities, (even water proof), re balances and purifies for healthier looking skin'. This was my first time trying a facial oil, so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It was easy enough to use though, I took 2/3 drops of the oil and applied it all over my face and eyes (this is the part where I was waiting to be blinded), and then rinsed it off with warm water. The first thing I'll say about this is that its very messy to use. As soon as I had rubbed it on my eyes there was eyeshadow and mascara all over my hands! That didn't really make a huge difference as realistically you're taking off your make up anyway. I did the same with this as I did with the Micellar Solution, and used it more of a pre cleanse rather than a proper full on cleanse. 
Again it lived up to its claims of dissolving make up instantaneously, as there wasn't a bit left on my face when I rinsed this off. Pricewise this is slightly more expensive at 10.79, but again its on offer at 7.19, so its a good time to try it if you've been curious about products like this! 


So which one would I choose? 
To be honest I can't really decide. Both of these are excellent products, which both do a great job at what they say. However the Micellar Solution to me is a quick fix, its one of those products you might use if you're in a rush, whereas the Cleansing Oil is something you'd need to have more time for seen as you have to rub it on and then wash it off. Its more of a treat too I think, something  you may use if you're having a night in and really want to pamper yourself. (Oils seem fancy to me ok?)
The price point for them is good too, there isn't a huge difference in the two to make you choose one rather than the other. If you are like me and can't help yourself and want to try both, you'll get both for under 20.00, and you'll even have change left over for ice cream! (Or fruit).
Either way you can't go wrong...

What products are must haves for you in your skin care routine?

Thanks for reading,
Alisha
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment