Sunday 1 September 2013

MUA (Make Up Academy)

So any serious beauty junkie knows the difference between her high-end and drugstore beauty brands.
Well this my dear ladies (and lads possibly) is probably the least expensive brand you could possibly find in the drugstore, (or chemist or pharmacy as we Irish gals like to call it.)
Now its not readily available in stores in Ireland, I do believe its available in Superdrug stores in Ireland, as that's where its sold in the U.K, but seen as there's no Superdrug in my area, I cant confirm or deny that.
I do know for certain though, (after a couple of sneaky purchases), that they do ship to Ireland from their website! Hurray!! 
The brand in question, is fairly obvious, as its the title of this post. Make Up Academy, or MUA as its more commonly known, is one of my favourite make up brands. Not only has it such a selection of cosmetic products, but the prices of them are ridiculously cheap! This does not mean in any way that the products are of a lesser quality, because believe me they aren't! 


I think the product they are most well know for is the infamous eye shadow palettes, especially the aptly named 'Undressed and Undress Me Too' palettes, which you may be able to tell from the names are dupes of the Urban Decay Naked palettes! Now I personally don't own either of the Naked palettes as I'm not sure how i feel about paying 40 euro for an eye shadow palette, when I can get the MUA ones for just over 4 euro! Here's the Undress Me Too palette:

Another great thing with this palette is that on the back it has names for all the colours, just like the Urban Decay ones, and it even gives tips on looks you can create with the colours! I cant compare it to the Naked palette, but from my own usage, and my own opinion I can safely say I love these palettes! Its my go to for my every day make up and its fantastic! I use some eyeshadow primer and pop on what ever colours I'm using that day, and no exaggeration, they do not budge for the day! For the price of them they're worth a try at least! 
Some more personal favourites of mine are this highlighter and foundation from the Undress Your Skin range. Again this would be something similar to the Naked line being offered from Urban Decay. The MUA line also offers a face primer, an eyeshadow primer, a make up setting spray among many other bits and bobs. So far the highlighter and foundation are all I've tried. But that's not to say I wont pick up a few more bits! ;)

Apologies for the poor quality pictures, it may take me a while to get the hang of it! Practice makes perfect! The foundation is an illuminating foundation, which offers medium to full coverage, so depending on your preference, this would suit a lot of ladies! Its available in 3 shades, Porcelain, Beige and Golden, and me being the typical Irish lady that I am, with red hair and freckles, I chose the lightest shade, Porcelain. However, it is a little bit too light for me, but with a lot of blending I make it work. I would be interested in trying the next shade to see is it much darker though. Its a nice foundation, but I didn't find it to illuminate my skin, but again that could be because I chose the wrong shade and it washed me out. For the price (5.86 euro for 35mls of product), its not bad!
However my personal favourite has to be the highlighter! Its amazing! Its only 3.52, (yes you read that right), and it gives such a beautiful glow to the skin, you would genuinely think its a much more expensive product! I did try to take swatches but the pictures did not do the highlighter justice whatsoever!
It does look very shimmery in the pan, but when its on the face its much more subtle. I apply a light dusting on my cheeks over my blusher, and then set it all with some powder, and I also often use it as a highlighter on my brow bone. There is so much to choose from with this brand, they're constantly coming up with new products! Most recently they introduced the Power Pout, which is something similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks,which only cost 3.52, the Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tints, (again similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks for the Eyes, and there's more in the pipeline! 
If you're interested in trying some of the products then click here
They also have two Facebook pages where you can find out all about new product releases and find out about special offers and discounts! 
and 
However, if you end up ordering quite a lot, its not my fault really!! :) 
Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment