Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

In this day and age in the beauty world, everyone seems to be searching for 'the perfect foundation', and finding said foundation is no easy task! With a vast range of formula's for dry to oily skin, from radiant to matte, to light/medium coverage, its a tough job these days to buy foundation, especially if you don't have the budget for higher ended brands who tend to give samples. In the drugstore (when did I become American), its not that easy.

I have previously never been searching for the perfect foundation, I tended just to pick one and say 'it'll do', I wasn't bothered about coverage or the type of finish it gave, as long as it made me look half decent it did the job.

Until I discovered this beauty from Rimmel. This is the foundation I had been waiting for all my life, I just didn't realise it!

So what's so special about this foundation you might ask?? Well I'll tell you what!
One of Rimmel's newest releases, this foundation is a liquid mousse foundation which is lightweight, and offers control oil. Although I tend to have more dry to combination skin as opposed to oily, I decided to try it out anyway!

Colour wise, I went for the shade 100 Ivory, which is what I'd usually wear in any Rimmel foundation, and it does be a little bit dark, but I make it work with a lot of blending. However, this range comes with the welcome addition of a lighter shade 010 Light Porcelain, which I was actually given afterwards as a present from a family friend, but I havent tried that shade yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it matches my Casper the friendly ghost pale face!

The texture of this foundation is a mousse, and because of this a little amount goes a long long way, it took me a while to realise that I needed to use a lot less than I did when using a normal liquid foundation. A teeny tiny pea sized amount is enough to do my whole face, so less is more ladies!

I use this foundation  with either of my two favourite brushes, the Real Techniques Buffing Brush and Expert Face Brush. Although if I had to pick just one to use it with I would probably say the Buffing brush, as it just seems to blend the product better, and it leaves a slightly better finish in my opinion.

As is quite obvious by the name of the product, it gives a matte finish, and on me it lasts well all day,  although I think if you're someone with oily skin, you may need to touch up a bit later on in the day with a little bit of powder.

All in all, I really am so impressed with this product. I've been using it non stop since I bought it, up until this week, because I'm holidays from work I figured I'd use a little bit less make up and so I'm just using BB creams for the week instead.

For the Winter I think this is a great foundation, as I think the matte affect works much better in the current season than it does in perhaps the Summer.  I wore this recently on a night out with a red lip and a neutral enough eye and it looked great!
If you're someone who wants a full coverage foundation but doesn't like the idea of matte, then this could just as easily work for you too, just maybe add a bit of a highlighter to give it more a dewy finish.
For anyone wondering about how easily it comes off, I use my L'oreal Miscellar Water first to remove the bulk of it first, and then I use my No 7 to cleanse properly. But it comes off fairly easily!

Its a great price at only 7.99 from Boots, and most pharmacies around the country, and  if you're stuck in a rut with your foundation I think for that price its definitely worth a go!
I've had numerous compliments from people while wearing this foundation, and that has never happened to me before, so for that I'm giving it two thumbs up!

Have you tried this foundation already?
If so what do you think?

Thanks for reading,
Alisha xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment