Tuesday 5 November 2013

This or That Tag!!

I've been waiting for ages to a tag post, but the right one never came up.. Until I happened across this one on totalmakeupaddict's blog.
So I'll get cracking at the This or That tag shall I? Its nothing too complicated, just exactly what it says on the tin!!

Makeup
Blush or Bronzer?
Definitely blush. I'm a pale skinned, redhaired Irish cailin, so no matter what bronzer I've tried, it always seems to just look orange and not right on me. So I tend to stick with blushes, and just mix up the colour that I wear depending on the season! At the moment I'm loving deep mauvey toned blushes.
Lipgloss or Lipstick?
Hmmmm.... That is a toughie... If I was asked that question back in the spring or early summer I would probably have said lipgloss, as I didn't really have any lipsticks in my collection. But since then it has grown a fair bit, and I've amassed quite a few lipsticks from different drugstore brands. So I think for now I would probably have to go with lipsticks. 
Eyeliner or Mascara?
Mascara for sure. I do use eyeliner, but only for nights out or during the day the odd time if I fancy something a bit different. My eyelashes are very fair so I really need mascara, even on a day if I wasn't using any other make up I'd still put on mascara.
Foundation or Concealer?
I use both on a daily basis, but thankfully I don't have a huge problems with spots and blemishes, so if I had to I'd be able to do ok with just foundation. The one I'm using at the moment, Rimmel Stay Matte is pretty full coverage anyway. :D
Neutral or Colour Eyeshadow?
What are coloured eyeshadows?? I'm terrible, but nearly my whole eyeshadow collection is made up of neutrals. There's nothing better than a neutral eye teamed with a bright lip in my opinion!  I am trying to embrace deeper colours such as burgundy and deep greens for the winter season though! 
Pressed or loose eyeshadows?  I do have a couple of pigments in my collection, and I think they're great if you want to create a more intense eye look for a night out or something, but for every day its pressed all the way. Much easier if like me you don't give yourself a lot of time in the morning to get ready!
Nails
OPI or China Glaze?  The only thing I have from either of these labels is an OPI top coat. And although it does make the polish last a few days longer, its a pain to dry! Even after doing your nail polish really carefully and letting it dry, if after applying the top coat you happen to smudge one it makes a mess of the already dry nail polish!! Grrr... Very annoying!!
Long or Short Nails? Most of the time mine are short. They do grow fairly well, so I'm lucky in that sense, but I just have more comfortable when I have them kept short. At least there less likely to break! 
Acrylic or Natural?
Natural. I'm yet to try Shellac or gel nails even!! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! 
Bright or Dark?
A bit of both! I have a huge nail polish collection, so depending on the mood I'm in your liable to see me with any colour nail polish on my nails!
Flower or no flower?
Well I'm not very good at nail art, so I think no flower. The less complicated the better! . 
Body
Perfume or Body Spray? Definitely perfume. I have a huge perfume collection made up of mostly sweet scents. I don't think I even own a body spray! 
Lotion or Body Butter?
Very recently I've become a bit obsessive about body butters. I went into Boots during the summer and stocked up while there was an offer on their own brand. But on the other hand I have lotions from Soap And Glory that I also use on a regular basis. So I think it has to be both!
Body Wash or Soap?
Its always some sort of body wash. I did pick up a soap when in the UK from Lush, and although it smells gorgeous, its impossible to use because it just slips and slides all over the shower! 
LUSH or Other bath companies?
I don't live anywhere near a LUSH unfortunately... But anytime I'm in Dublin or the UK I always have a look in a store. They do have a great selection, but I think my all time favourite label, although I don't know if they're a bath company as such, is Soap And Glory!  They have such a selection of products and different scents, (Sugar Crush is divine, trust me), and most of the time they're on offer in Boots, whoo!!
Fashion
Jeans or Sweat Pants?
Jeans most of the time, but at the moment I'm in trackies and a big hoody! You can't beat a bit of comfort sometimes! 
Long or short sleeves?
Long sleeves but it's a bit of a waste of time really because I have my sleeves rolled up, so it kind of defeats the purpose! 
Dresses or skirts?
I wear a bit of both. For work and stuff I find dresses easier because I can just throw a cardigan on over them to keep warm, but if I'm going out I'd definitely wear a skirt! 
Stripes or Plaid?
I don't wear much of either, but I suppose at a push I'd say stripes!  
Flip Flops or Sandals?
Flip Flops all the way!. Although maybe not in the depths of Winter! 
Scarves or hats?
Scarves, scarves and more scarves! Its actually ridiculous the amount I own! I continuously complain about being cold but would never dream of wearing a hat!
Studs or dangly earrings?
Studs. I have one pair that are never out of my ears. Silver and they're made up of all little diamonds... A present from myself, to myself! 
Necklaces or Bracelets?
Both but seen as its Winter I'm always wearing scarves so I don't tend to wear the necklaces unless I'm going out! 
Jackets or Hoodies?
Hmmm... Usually jackets, but today I'm wearing a hoody! 
Hair
Curly or Straight? My hair is always curly so I guess I'll have to say curly. The very very odd occasion I straighten, maybe once a year, if even!
Bun or ponytail? A bun for sure... Its just so easy with the donuts! 
Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips?
Bobby pins- But yet when I want one I can never, ever, find one!! 
Long or Short hair?
Long, my hair as always been relatively long, and although its not as long as it previous has been I'm happy with the way it is now because if I choose to, there is a lot I can do with it. 
Light or dark?
I don't know really. I am a redhead of sorts, and depending on if my hair is highlighted, it can go various shades of blonde in the summer, and it tends to be darker in the winter. But I think I prefer it when its lighter!  
Side sweep or Full on bangs (fringe)?
I had a full fringe a few years ago at school, and my mother hated it. It was impossible to keep because of my curly hair, and I also had a cow's lick, so no matter how hard I tried, it never stayed down! So probably a side sweep. 
Up or Down?
Its up most of the time really! I do try to leave it down though if I'm going out. 
Random
Rain or Shine?
Why would anyone say rain? We get too much of it in this country, so definitely shine! Nothing beats a nice crisp sunny winters day in my book! 
Summer or Winter?
Summer for sure! Sunshine, sitting in the garden enjoying a nice crisp drink... Yummy! 
Autumn or Spring?
I love Autumn, and being able to get out all my boots and scarves and warmer clothes!! 
Chocolate or Vanilla?  Chocolate is my all time favourite weakness. Any kind will do, except Turkish Delight! Hate that stuff!! 
So that's it for my first tag post! Hope you enjoyed it, 
Thanks for reading,
Alisha! xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment